Thursday, October 9, 2008

Halloween Decorating

I love decorating for the holidays, now that I have my own house! Last year I went all out for Christmas and this year I am adding a new holiday, Halloween. I find this one to be a little tricky, however, seeing as I don't like orange and am thoroughly creeped out by witches, goblins and ghosts. I love black and white, as evidenced by the decor throughout my house, so I usually start with those colors as a base for my decorating. I have found that I prefer my holiday items to blend with the established decor, rather than overtake it. And of course, it has to go with my vintage style. Since there are not a lot of authentic vintage Halloween items to be had, vintage-style and reproductions will have to do. I have already started decorating and will show you pictures soon. In the meantime, I found a great website that has some fantastic Halloween pieces that suit my taste. You can find these items at Christmas Traditions.






0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...