Monday, June 13, 2011

What I Learned at Blogshop...

I spent my whole weekend at an an amazing class called Blogshop.  You see, I have been wanting to learn Photoshop for years, but I just didn't know where to find a class tailored to my needs.  I wondered how bloggers made their pretty inspiration boards and email templates, now I know, they use Photoshop! I felt like I was watching that show, can't remember what it was called, where they reveal the magician's secrets.  The thing is, though, it's not super easy, so I have even more respect for all the eye pleasing posts I see on designers blogs.  The class is taught by the lovely and energetic duo, Bri Emery of Design Love Fest and photographer Angela Kohler.  Seriously, the best teachers, they were clear and specific, patient and just fun to be around! So, you better expect to start seeing some amazing posts on here and if you don't, please call me on it!  Here is a little sampling of what I did at the class.  From what I have heard, Bri and Angela are taking this thing on the road, so sign up! Here is a link to info on the San Francisco class. 
 
This is an animated gif, so fun!

 We learned how to create mood boards and pull colors and patterns from photos.

Another one, these are a blast!

Retouching photos was something I was really excited about, I always want my hair to look more voluminous and now you won't have to look at the bags under my eyes unless you see me in person, HaHa. No seriously, don't expect me to retouch all the photos of myself that I post on here, but this will be great for photo shoots or terrible breakouts.  

One of the best things I learned was how to make a collage on a white background.  I always wondered how that was done.  :)  

Thank you, thank you, Angela & Bri!!!  I learned so much, but I feel like I have barely scratched the surface of what the program can do.  Now I have the base knowledge and confidence to try things out!

6 comments:

lauren said...

what a great post, thank you for sharing these! i having been using Photoshop for years but do not know how to make the collage on a white background and it kills me because i always want to do that!

Whitney Hannah Hill said...

Nice!! Get ready to lose more time. ;) I love playing in photoshop...but can definitely be a time suck for me.

Rebecca said...

Wish I could have attended!!!! Looks like you learned lots! :)

Cindy said...

Ah that workshop sounds wonderful! I've used PhotoShop for school and I found it kind of boring haha!

I wish I knew the tricks of the trade to really spiff up my blog! I'm excited to see your new found skills in ACTIONNN. Lolz xD :D

cindy-the vintage hat shop said...

Wow! I am so impressed. If I lived in CA, I would take that class for sure. Can't wait to see your new postings.

Sandra at Debutante Clothing said...

I wanted to attend this class and I totally missed it. Bummed! Love the white background. I want to learn how to do this!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...